When asked to explain the GARM Clinic’s outcomes, Glenn C. Terry, M.D., Founder of the GARM Clinic, provides a simple explanation: commitment to excellence leads to positive patient outcomes.
The GARM Clinic Team is committed to reducing or reversing the severity of symptoms resulting from chronic disease states, thereby helping its patients achieve positive outcomes for multiple issues. Chronic disease states include, but are not limited to, arthritis, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, degenerative neurologic conditions, COPD, and obesity.
Approximately 8.6 million (1 in 10) baby boomers 50-60 years of age (62%) already have at least one chronic medical condition. The incidence of chronic disease diagnosis will increase to 80% in patients over 65 years of age2. By 2030, an estimated 37 million adults (6 in 10) will be affected by a chronic medical condition3,⁴. Although these statistics pertain to the U.S., they may well offer a glimpse into the future limitations of conventional healthcare worldwide.
In the U.S., arthritis is estimated to affect 26-32% of adults5,6. Its incidence in Baby Boomers (1946-1964) is 50% (26 million); by 2030, it is expected affect 46 million adults5. By 2030, total knee arthroplasty will be required in eight times as many patients as is required today7.
Diabetes is estimated to have affected 25.8 million adults, or 8.3% of the U.S. population in 2012. By 2030, diabetes is projected to affect 46 million adults in the U.S.8
The treatment options available at the GARM Clinic are safe and effective, without the multitude of side effects some patients experience with prescription medications. The autologous stem cell treatment options offered by the GARM Clinic have demonstrated, across hundreds of patients, that it is possible to positively effect chronic disease states towards improving health, increasing energy and vitality, and possibly eliminating the expense and hassle of prescription medications.
With 100% dedication and a strong commitment to excellence from the entire GARM Team as well as the patient, these lofty goals may become a reality for any patient.
Glenn C. Terry, M.D., discusses the advantages of being able to offer patients customized solutions that focus on the overall well-being of the patient: “Some patients come to GARM with more than one chronic disease diagnosis. It is important in the goal of achieving optimal health & functionality for each patient that we address and treat each issue. This requires solid dedication and intense focus of each GARM Team member.”
Dr. Terry provides recent examples, “The GARM Clinic treats multiple types of arthritis: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory arthritis, and post traumatic arthritis. We have had patients who have come for the primary complaint of knee or hip arthritis and in the evaluation process, disclose a second or third chronic disease. So, in the same treatment process, we are able to treat their secondary issue of Type II Diabetes or COPD, to name two other chronic diseases. Other patients may have chosen to treat injuries, and while they are at the clinic, may also have had aesthetic work done or selected a wellness treatment option.”
Dr. Terry continues, “Basically, all patients who travel to the GARM Clinic for treatment have the opportunity to address more than one condition. I think that is one of the many advantages offered to those who come to the GARM Clinic. These bundled treatment options combined with the entire GARM Team’s commitment to excellence help set us apart from other facilities.”
Benefits of Choosing GARM Clinic:
Dr. Terry explains in an in-depth interview how GARM Clinic’s dedication to the endeavor of identifying and treating all chronic disease states translates to improvement in positive patient outcomes. Click here to read the full interview.
- Customized Treatment Options: for each patient developed by Dr. Terry.
- Dedication: Dr. Terry and entire GARM Clinic team are focused on one patient at a time.
- Bundled Treatments: GARM Clinic’s bundled treatments program provides appropriate treatment options for more than one issue.
- Experience and Skill: Years of knowledge and expertise are focused on one patient. Dr. Terry directs all of his experience, skill, knowledge, and energy during a one-on-one situation with each patient.
- Substantial Stem Cell Counts: Provide patients with strong opportunities for the signaling process and subsequent improvement in healing potential.
- Systemic Administration of Stem Cells: An IV preparation of isolated cells is an option that is selected by many patients in addition to targeted local site injections.
- Location: The Island of Roatán is a beautiful tropical paradise that is a short 2-3 hour flight from many major cities in the U.S., Canada, and Central America.
- Commitment to Excellence = Extraordinary Patient Outcomes
1. CDC. (2015, November 6). Retrieved from
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
2. “The State of Aging and Health in America 2007,” Centers for Disease Control and Merck Company Foundation. www.cdc.gov/aging/saha.htm
3. S.R. Collins, et al. “Health Coverage for Aging Baby Boomers: Findings from the Commonwealth Fund Survey of Older Adults,” The Commonwealth Fund. Jan. 2006.
4. FCG projections based on J. Wolff, et al. “Prevalence, Expenditures and Complications of Multiple Chronic Conditions in the Elderly.” Archives of Internal Medicine, 2002: 162:2269-2276.
5. FCG projections based on National Center for Health Statistics, Trends in Health and Aging. Accessed May 19, 2013.
6. Arthritis. www.quizlet.com/kvedala. Accessed 19 May 2013